TULSA AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION
2013 League Rules COED, CHURCH, MEN, WOMEN
1. RUN RULE: A game will be completed if a team is ahead by the following:
12 runs at the end of 4 innings or 10 runs at the end of 5 innings or 8 runs at the end of 6 innings
2. TIME LIMIT: 55 minutes after the conclusion of the pre-game conference.
NOTE: If the game is tied after 55 minutes, the game will continue until a winner is declared.
3. GRACE PERIOD: A 10 minute grace period will be in effect for the first game in each set if a team does not have at least 8 players. The 10 minutes will not be deducted from the 55 minutes.
4. PLAYERS TO START AND FINISH THE GAME:
- The extra player (EP) rule for men and women may extend to 2 extra players instead of one for league games only. An EP may only be used if they are present at start of the game.
- At all times a team must have at least 8 eligible players to start and finish a game (even if player(s) are ejected). Coed minimum of 4 men, 4 women. Teams will play with “ no automatic out” with the exception below.
- Late arriving players names will be inserted at bottom of lineup (up to 10).
- If the EP is used in Coed, one EP must be a man, the other a woman. If one EP leaves the game the other EP must leave also. Coed may play 5 men, 5 women, or 5 men 4 women, or 4 men 5 women. If they play with 9 players, the #10 position will be an automatic out.
- TASA league will allow a courtesy runner due to an injury with permission from the opposing coach. The courtesy runner must be the last out of the same gender.
5. COED LEAGUE PLAY ONLY: If a man walks he is awarded 2 bases, the woman will have the option to bat or take the walk to first base. NO WOMEN WILL BE ALLOWED TO PITCH IN ANY CO-ED LEAGUE PLAY.
6. UMPIRE FEES: 2 umpires - $15.00 per team 1 umpire - $11.00 per team
NOTE: In case of rain, a completed game will constitute 4 ½ innings if the home team is ahead. If the game cannot be completed due to rain, the umpire fee will be returned to the manager and the game will be rescheduled from the start.
LATE UMPIRE: Once the pre-game conference is started, each of the teams will pay one umpire $ 11.00. If the late umpire arrives, he/she will not be paid by the teams for that game.
7. ROSTERS: “TASA league roster release” form must be signed by all players before his/her first game. Coaches are responsible for turning the rosters in to the Carl Smith TASA Office before the start of their first game. Teams need to use the drop/add form to add or drop players and turn it into the TASA office before the players first game. This roster is for league only. Rosters must be signed by players for each team they play for. A player may only play for one team per league night. For Church League Only: All players must be regular attendees of the Church they play for. Church rosters must be signed by pastors.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the manager/coach to make sure all players sign the league roster release form and that each player is eligible to compete with his/her team as per USSSA and TASA rules.
8. PRE-GAME CONFERENCE: Each manager/coach will report with the following:
- Softballs: All leagues will play each league game with a specified USSSA softball. Balls must be purchased through TASA and have the association official stamp (TASA 2011)
- Each manager will present to the Umpire two TASA/Carl Smith stamped approved softballs as specified above. Each coed Team will provide one 12” and one 11” softball.
- Umpire fee will be paid during the pre-game conference.
9. HOME RUN RULE: Each team in league play is allowed (3) over the fence home runs per game unless the exception is listed below. Any homerun after the limit set for the league, division and exceptions will result in an out.
The following exceptions and limits apply.
Men’s League: Rec & E NO home runs - Men’s C & D 3 and 1-up.
All Church Leagues - The 1-up rule goes into effect.
Coed Leagues - HOMERUNS IN REC COED WILL BE A INNING ENDING OUT.
For tournament play refer to Official USSSA Slow Pitch Rulebook and National
10. PROTESTS OF INELIGIBLE PLAYERS: Protests must be submitted anytime before the end of the game in question by the manager/coach to the home plate umpire. A written protest must then be submitted according to the USSSA rule book with a $25.00 fee within 24 hours after the conclusion of the game in question to the league president. A hearing will be conducted within 48 hours after the league president receives the protest. If the outcome of the hearing is in favor of the protesting team, then the fee is refunded.
11. PROTEST OF NON COMPLIANCE BATS: Only a TASA or USSSA Director can remove a bat that is suspected of not meeting the USSSA bat regulations. Players/Coaches can not protest a bat you must contact an approved directors with your concerns. If a player refuses to relinquish a bat to authorized personnel this will result in a one year suspension from USSSA with no right to appeal. Visit the USSSA Website for complete rules and procedures.
12. PLAYER EJECTION: TASA will not tolerate any misconduct from players, coaches, spectators, or umpires. Anyone ejected from a game must leave park premises and go to the parking lot immediately. Refusal to leave immediately will result in forfeit for that player’s team. The player will be ejected from any other games for the rest of the day. The umpire may submit the incident in writing within 48 hours to the league president. The league president will conduct a hearing which will include the following members: 2 representatives from the Board, and 2 representatives from the league.
13. OFFICIAL SCOREKEEPER: Home team will be official scorekeeper. If neither team keeps an official scorebook, then the umpire is the official scorekeeper.
14. FORFEITS: Teams will pay all forfeit fees for games missed. Three consecutive forfeits will result in removal from the League with no refund. If a team forfeits a game they must pay the umpires. If a team is a NO SHOW they must pay forfeit fees to the league president prior to next game. The team that shows up to play the forfeited game must pay umpire fees before receiving the win for the game.
15. UNAUTHORIZED USAGE OF FIELDS: Players or teams breaking into facilities, jumping the fence, practicing on fields or mistreating park facilities will be subject to:
1st time - $150.00 fine to be paid before next game
2nd time - $300.00 fine to be paid before next game
3rd time – Ejection from league
16. RAIN OUTS AND RE-SCHEDULING OF RAINOUTS: Rainout information will be announced 90 minutes before scheduled game time. Rained out games will be rescheduled ASAP. In case of multiple rainouts teams should be prepared to play any day of the week as long as 48-hour notice is given. The TASA rainout number for coaches and players is (918)748-3625. Church rainout number is (918)748-3626.
17. REPORTING FACILITY PROBLEMS: The fields will be cleaned of debris, clean restrooms, fields prepared, watered, and chalked before the first game of the set. Problems should be reported immediately and mailed as per instructions on the Maintenance complaint/comment form. Maintenance complaint/comment forms are kept in the TASA Office.
18. UMPIRE PROBLEMS: Problems, complaints, or umpire not present should be reported and mailed as per instructions on Umpire complaint/comment form. Umpire complaint/comment forms are kept in the TASA Office.
19. OTHER RULES:
- No steel cleats will be allowed in the leagues. All shoes must be enclosed per USSSA rules.
- All bats must be USSSA approved or can be removed from the game. A list of approved bats can be found at www.usssa.com
- Players must be 16 years old to play in TASA leagues and have a waiver signed by parent/guardian and turned into TASA office.
- Women may not play in men's leagues. Men may not play in women's leagues.
- Seniors will follow SPA rules.
- The pitcher may pitch from the pitching rubber, or from an area the width of the pitching rubber and up to six (6) feet forward.
- Any taunting by a player concerning purposeful hitting back at the pitcher will result in an automatic ejection of that player.
- Any use of profanity will result in an automatic ejection of that player.
- A player throwing the bat will result in an automatic ejection of that player.
- ABSOLUTELY No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the dugout.
TASA reserves the right to test bats at anytime.
20. USSSA CLARIFICATION: These rules are modified for league play only. For official rules refer to Official USSSA Slow Pitch Rulebook and National By-Laws 2013.
21. CITY PARK RULES: All TASA leagues must abide by the City Park Department Rules. Failure to do so could result in expulsion from the league.
- Absolutely no glass containers on park premises.
- Children must be attended at all times.
- Toys on wheels or rollers, i.e. skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, tricycles, or bicycles will not be allowed beyond the designated areas in the complex.
- No pets other than seeing-eye dogs, not even pets on leashes will be allowed in the complex.
- At Carl Smith Complex, no warming up on walkways is allowed. Use grassy areas between fields.
- Fences are not to be climbed.
- Do not throw or hit balls against fences or backstops.
- Facilities will be open ½ hour prior scheduled game time. Do not try to gain access earlier.
- No smoking is allowed inside field – fenced area or dugout.
- No one shall perform maintenance without permission from Park Manager. This includes adding dirt or sand, removing dirt, or any modification to the playing surface.
- Practice will not be allowed without written request submitted and approved by the
TASA Executive Board.
- Parking of cars, buses, and motorcycles will be restricted to designated areas. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the complex. Deliveries must be made on the back entrance between fields #6 and #7; delivery vehicle must be moved upon completion of delivery.
- All posted signs must be obeyed.
- Managers and coaches will be responsible for the conduct of their players and team followers at all times.
- Beer and alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the parking lot as per city ordinance.
- “Pitch in” – use trash containers – Help keep your complex clean.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK MAY BE BROUGHT INTO CARL SMITH SPORTS COMPLEXES.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH CITY OR TASA RULES WILL LEAD TO REMOVAL FROM THE PARK AND PARKING LOT PREMISES, EXPULSION FROM THE LEAGUE OR ARREST.
Revised MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013, Tulsa Amateur Softball Association